Latest Update 31st July 2023

Latest Update 31st July 2023 Main Image

By Lisa Munday

31 July 2023

The transition and PHC transformation program are on track.

We are working hard to transition the Peel Health Campus back into public hands after services were privatised over twenty years ago.

As part of the 2023-24 State Budget, the Cook Labor Government committed $6.5 million to support the extension of the transition of Peel Health Campus. This is on top of the $152 million already committed for the transition and redevelopment.

The initial stages of the Peel Health Campus Transformation program mark a period of extensive planning to achieve a safe and seamless transition and the ongoing provision of high-quality and sustainable healthcare for the Peel-Murray region.

Much work has gone into addressing the detail required to safely transition all areas of the hospital, and program working groups are now in place to assist with the implementation and delivery models.

Offers/employment contracts have been sent to over 900 staff members, enabling their transition to South Metropolitan Health Service, and the staff engagement group was established to provide connection and learning between Peel Health Campus(PHC) staff and the project team during the transition period.

Another significant milestone resulting from a great deal of largely unseen but crucial work by the ICT team was the LAN (local area network) going live in a production state. The LAN is the first step in connecting all PHC computers to the WA Health network, which is critical for the transition. The live network also allows applications to be published for testing and is underpinned by 34 kilometres of fibre ready to enable migration over the next year.

The LAN, transition planning, working groups, and offers/contracts of employment are all important milestones that enable further critical work to progress. Still, these achievements are only possible with the knowledge, expertise and passion of PHC staff.

Together, we are working with Ramsay Health Care to ensure a safe and seamless transition for staff, patients, volunteers and the community in August 2024.

The redevelopment and expansion of Peel Health Campus will include:

• 63 additional inpatient beds (which will deliver 219 public beds);
  • 12 chemotherapy places;
  • 20 mental health inpatient beds;
  • one additional operating theatre;
  • at least 15 palliative care hospice beds;
  • more outpatient services;
  • the new build of medical imaging services, and
  • the introduction of a 10-bed Mental Health Emergency Centre.  

Our Government is completely committed to delivering this redevelopment for the communities of Peel.

I will always fight for the needs of residents in my electorate and the broader Peel community. This investment in Peel Health Campus will ensure the Mandurah region continues to have an exceptional range of local healthcare options.

I look forward to providing further updates on the progress of the redevelopment and how our community will benefit from the most significant upgrade of the Peel Health Campus in its history.

As new updates arise, I assure you that I will update the community.

If you would like to stay up to date on the progression of this project and be advised of opportunities for the local community to get involved, please sign up for my monthly community newsletter below.

Warm regards

Lisa Signature 2023

Lisa Munday MLA