One step closer with Georgiou Group Pty Ltd

One step closer with Georgiou Group Pty Ltd  Main Image

By Lisa Munday

17 October 2023

Tender Announced!

I am proud to be part of the team that delivers on this important commitment to our local community.

The duplication of the Mandurah Estuary Bridge is one step closer, with Georgiou Group Pty Ltd officially being the Preferred Proponent to design and deliver this vital project.

The additional bridge on the East side of the existing Mandurah Estuary Bridge will deliver a safer, more efficient and reliable transport link for motorists, including a four-metre-wide shared path improving access for riders and walkers.

Once completed, the duplication will significantly ease congestion in the approach to the Mandurah Estuary and reduce travel times for thousands of people travelling over it daily. The local economy is also expected to be boosted, with up to 500 jobs created during construction.

As your local members for Parliament, David Templeman MLA, Robyn Clarke MLA, and I are incredibly proud to deliver on this vital commitment to our local community with the support of the Cook State Government and the Albanese Federal Government. Detailed design will now be carried out before construction begins, with the project expected to be completed by late 2025.

Find out more here:

To register for updates directly from Main Roads, click HERE 

Further information can be found Media Statements and Mandurah Estuary Bridge Duplication 

You can also receive updates by following me on Facebook and Instagram.